WRITE FOR US
Expand your writing influence among the fastest growing demographic online (African women) with the fastest growing online publication today, AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE.
AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE does not accept guest posts, but we are always seeking writers who share our vision and purpose to fill various paid writing and editing positions:
Do you love to keep up with the latest trends within the fashion industry? Do you have a keen eye for African fashion? If so, get in touch with us. We are currently seeking style columnists to provide quality content to our monthly Style Column. Topics include designer profiles, bridal, runway, fashion, beauty and lifestyle features. If you meet these requirements and are looking for a place to show off your writing abilities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a writing sample and provide a website and/or samples of your work, and tell us about yourself.
AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE is published once a month and is committed to providing intelligent, relevant and well thought-out articles in a timely manner.
Our feature writers and columnists are creative writers with the ability to keep their audiences coming back for more. They must be able to pitch creative ideas, engage their readers and be able to meet time-sensitive deadlines. As part of our editorial team, columnists and editors are required to dedicate time to meet online, once a month, to discuss upcoming issues, receive assignments, and to share ideas.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AFRIKAN GODDESS DOES NOT ACCEPT CONTENT THAT HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE! AND WE BUY EXCLUSIVE FIRST-TIME PUBLICATION RIGHTS (ARTICLES MAY BE REPUBLISHED ELSEWHERE AFTER 90 DAYS) OF ALL ARTICLES SUBMITTED AND PAID FOR.
Columnists will have their bios featured as part of our editorial team. If you are a freelancer or blogger, and are interested in joining the AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE team, please send us a copy of your resume, a writing sample and/or a link to your column/blog. Send these to email@example.com with “AG Columnist” in the subject line.
Who We Are: AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE is the premier online publication dedicated to featuring the amazing achievements of African women.
What AG is Looking for: We are seeking writers who love what they do and whose writings carry a significant message to African women and portrays the African woman in an uplifting light. Most of all, we are seeking writers who share our vision and goals. We welcome writers interested in writing articles on a monthly basis between 500 and 800 words.
Our Columns Include:
- Mind/Body/Soul: This column combines health-related articles with inspirational pieces for the mind, body and soul. Articles must seek to inspire and encourage women to live their best possible lives, and to thrive to be the women God intended them to be. Inspirational articles can be individual lessons learned, or articles that seek to inspire women to achieve their best.
- Love/Relationships: Love and Relationship articles must be tailored toward general concepts of African relationships. There are lots of publications that exist to address relationships by westernized standards. We seek to address relationship issues that are realistically faced by African women.
- Career and Money: Career and Money writers write about issues of financial and business/career relevance. Topics must be approved by the editor.
- Other Columns include:
- Candid Talk
- Food & Wine
- AGDaily Buzz
- Books and more…
- All topics must be approved by the editor
At AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE, quality is an important quality in which we pride ourselves. For this reason, we only accept articles of the highest standards for publication. While we reserve the right to edit the content of articles submitted, we advise that articles be of the highest standards.
Please allow up to two (2) weeks for the review of your submission. Once a submission has been accepted for publication, you will be assigned a publication date. It is suggested that you visit the website on that day and throughout the rest of the month to engage readers in a discussion of your article. Note that while the general writing guideline indicates that articles must be between 500 and 800 words, poetry, recipes and other quick tips may be shorter.
*Please be advised that while we do appreciate your contribution and willingness to be a part of our team, it is possible that an article you submit will not be featured if the article does not meet our standards. If you wish to re-submit an article, please feel free to do so after you have made all the necessary edits.
Things to Know before Submitting an Article: If you have read this far, thanks for your continued interest in AG. And congratulations! You are one step away from being published in the premier online publication for African women viewed by thousands the world over. Here are a few other important things you should know before you submit your article:
1. By submitting your article to AG, you hereby grant us permission to edit and publish the article for content and length, where necessary.
3. By submitting your article to AG, you represent that you are the original author or, you are submitting the article with the permission of the original author. AG has zero tolerance for the submission of plagiarized work!
4. AG reserves the right to reject any article that overtly seeks to promote the writer’s personal accomplishments and/or that of his/her event, book, website, service etc. and that does not benefit readers in any way.
5. Please do not embed photographs in your articles for submission. If you do, AG reserves the right to remove them and to use our own photographs.
Once again, thanks for your interest in being a part of the AFRIKAN GODDESS MAGAZINE team.
Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with “job inquiry” in the subject heading. Thanks.