I’m guessing one of the things you’d probably like to do this year is make sure that you’re on track with your retirement savings, right? Obviously, that is a very worthwhile resolution. However, achieving a financially comfortable retirement requires more than simply socking money away. Almost every American worker saves money throughout their working years, but more and more folks keep ending up with very disappointing results. In fact, according to the latest numbers from the Employee Benefit Research Institute, a staggering 84 percent of Americans are in trouble, so to speak, with their retirement preparations.
The thing is, most people save money in a vacuum forgetting that no amount of money will ever work in the wrong plan. Here are seven critical questions (not in any particular order) that you must constantly ponder if you plan to ensure a surprise-free retirement:
- What kind of lifestyle do you intend to have in retirement, as compared to today?
- How certain are you about the potency of your present investing approach to deliver your intended lifestyle? Remember – the certainty of you retiring is 100 percent!
- Do you have a plan that was specifically crafted for you by someone you trust and can hold accountable or do you talk with a new stranger each time you inquire about your money?
- Do you know your advisor’s specific biases? Everyone has them! – Yes, me too!
- Is luck playing a major role in your retirement strategy? – As in, if you don’t get lucky with the stock market you’d be in a huge pile of trouble? Remember, from #2 above, your retirement is 100 percent certain! – shouldn’t your nest egg be, too?
- Does your advisor(s) have real-life clients who are actually enjoying the kind of results you expect to have when the rubber finally meets the road for you? Don’t forget that anyone can be a really good presenter (on TV, radio, internet, or in person). But theory doesn’t deliver retirement checks!
- Is your plan making money for you – or from you? Hopefully, you understand that there’s no time on any calendar called “long-term” when all of a sudden everything will magically work out for you.
Besides the fact that these would serve as really good food for thought, they’d also help you ensure that you’re on the right track – and are connected to the right advisors- to the retirement of your dreams.
If you’re looking for an experienced professional who can get your questions answered so that you can start planning your surprise-free retirement, please, call 877.656.9111 or visit LaserFG.com today to set up your complimentary, no-obligation consultation.
About the Writer
Samuel N. Asare, is a noted retirement planner and the senior strategist at Laser Financial Group.His straightforward and superb ability to simplify often-complex strategies has made him a regularly featured expert in various media including radio and TV. Samuel is the brain behind the acclaimed Proven , Common-Sense Wealth Building blog, many training workshops, special reports, personal finance books, and several instructional videos. Over his exceptional career, he has held several prestigious positions with some of the nation’s top financial institutions, trained hundreds of other financial professionals, and regularly speaks to investors about how to retire successfully. To schedule your complimentary, no-obligation consultation with Samuel, call 877.656.9111 or visit LaserFG.comtoday!